Friday, December 26, 2008

Sewing Day

I got out the sewing machine to make Photo Pillows for the women in our family. I already had most of the fabric needed and realized that the cover from my current scrapbook was vinyl and I was just throwing that away. So, I cut it up into 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch pieces and zigzagged that onto my fabric pillow tops on 3 sides. Thus, you can slip a 4x6 photo into the 4th side. I made them with holiday fabrics, to be used during the Christmas season. I have a pillow like this that is monogrammed 2005, which is where i got the idea. I made some with a puffy ruffle on the edges, one with cording (ugh! what a pain in the patookus that was) and several were plain. I did cut out and piece together a 9 patch for the back of 2 of the pillows, as Stephanie and Cyndi like more country/rustic decor.

Well, I was in the midst of sewing, when Martin decides that he was inspired to make his Corn Hole bags -now that I had the machine out! So, he cut and measure and plotted and figured out how to get enough bags made and have enough fabric left to make a carry bag for them. Which was great for him to get them done, but a pain in my behind because he kept taking over the machine anytime I left it!


He is actually a good seamstress and has made several precision kites in the past.


Here you can see 2 of my pillows on the far left side of the photo. I, being a good wife, took pictures of him sewing. But, somehow one of me never got taken. Or of my work! Just dreaming here, but someday i would like to have one of the machines that has the pre-programmed stitches and does monogramming and all of that other fancy stitchery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I'm glad to see Somebody is sewing. Just kidding. I think it is great. You guys just made a day of it.