Sunday, December 28, 2008

3rd Christmas Dress

Here is Emma's third, but not final, Christmas dress. For once I did not have a matching or co-ordinating headband. Couldn't find the right shade of burgundy or cranberry, much less an off white one so I could add the bow.

We took the camera with us, so that Dad could take our family picture after church. This is Christmas Sunday and the day we usually take family pictures, but Mom is working this weekend and was asleep.

Each Sunday, I tried to coordinate our clothes with Emma, but this day I had nothing that matched. So, I went to Mom's closet to have a look... Tah! Dah! There was a black and burgundy dress that she wore for a Christmas party several years ago. Wonderful!

Here is a wonderful gift from Emma's Papaw, my Dad. I asked him to make her a bookcase by her first birthday. Her other Gramps, from England, made her a toy box when he was here in August and I wanted her to have something from both grandfathers. Well, he completed it and had it ready for us to take home. Daddy was impressed; Mommy was thrilled; and hopefully someday Emma will be thankful for her Granddads handiwork! We'll be painting them both to match. We already have quite a lot of books for her and needed someplace to put them that was more accessible than the top shelf of her closet!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which one I like better this dress or the plaid one. She is adorable in both of them. And I like the froofroo head bands.