Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Easter Bunny Arrived Early...

I opened the front door this afternoon to get the stroller ready for our afternoon walk, only to find a baby bunny tucked up close by the door frame. It was gusty and the door slammed and I couldn't believe that it stayed right there!

I have no clue where it came from! Martin & I checked the yard and the only possibility seems to be the drainage culvert at the end of the driveway. So, I scooped it up and carried it down there and just as I was bending over to put it in there- it jumped out of my hand and hopped SO fast right back up the yard to our front door!

I had to get the mesh rubbish bin out of the car and put it in that and carry it down again. This time it hopped into the culvert and we haven't seen it again this evening. Hope he is safe! If it had hopped up here again, we were gonna have a new pet bunny to raise!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww...

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

That's funny. Last year on Easter there was a big rabbit in our yard. That top picture is really cute of the close up of it.