Monday, February 2, 2009

Eight Months Old

As of Sunday the 1st, Emma is eight months old! I can't believe that the tiny 5 pound baby I brought home is now 8 months old and approx. 18 pounds! She has matured and changed so much just this past week or so. She is making several new sounds ("ma", "da", " K"...); She is using her jaw more when she "talks" and when she eats; Her hair has grown quite a bit; and the scoot/bounce thing she does to get around. My baby is growing up on me!

We bought Cheese Puffs this week so she can hold on to them and get them into her mouth. I had tried the little rice puffs last week and she liked them, but they are too small for her to grasp with her whole hand and get into her mouth. She is beginning to develop that pincer muscle but its not developed enough to feed herself yet. The cheese puffs being longer, make feeding herself successful.

Daddy bought her a new Einstein book filled with colorful pictures, as well as some "Look At Me!" concept cards. It was ironic that I had a 15% off coupon for Babies R Us this week, they had an Einstein sale and it was her 8 month birthday. Happy 8 months baby girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, Deedee, you guessed it.....
I now have a new desktop!
How can I love this little gal so much and be sooooo far away.......
Aunt Linda

Becca said...

I was just checking out your blog (I'm improvingmama from the BW group on BCC). I found "Mum Mums" worked great at that age...they're basically the same thing as puffs but in a bar so that they can hold onto them. Not everyone sells them...found them at Babies R Us and Walmart