Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Grandparent's Anniversary

My Delamarter Grandparents will celebrate their anniversary this week, so we had a special lunch & dessert with them today.

Robert & Verna Delamarter

Mom had the table set with red & white and valentine napkins. Mrs. Dorsett came to celebrate with us. She was their pastor's wife in NY for many, many years. Mom made a meal that they would totally love (especially Grandma): Ham, Baked Beans, Scalloped Potatoes, Broccoli-Cauliflower casserole (I made that), cheese biscuits and a sinful chocolate/brownie/peanut butter/mousse dessert.

Grampa was opening the first gift and after ripping the curly bow off the package, he plops it on his head!!! Totally unexpected! I poked Martin in the side and told him to take that picture now!! Grampa is serious most of the time and when he goofs or jokes around, it catches me off guard.

Martin & I gave them a mug that is collaged with photos of Emma & us. I ordered it from Walmart.com. It says "Happy Anniversary 2009" on the bottom edge. When Gramma realized what it was...

Here is her reaction! She can be a tiny bit of a drama queen sometimes! :) Don'tcha think?? :) I told her it was to use, and not just put on a shelf! :) Mom gave them 2 new red leatherette photo albums.




4 comments:

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Ha Ha, you know Grandma won't be using that, lol! You'll probably find it sitting locked away safely in her curio cabinet! : )

Unknown said...

Deedee,
There are NO WORDS to express my gratitude for this blog. Jon has already downloaded the pictures.
So very kind of you. Looks as though they had an awesome day!
Deepest thanks!!!!!!!!!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. It makes it nice for keeping up with the folks we love.

Uncle John

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Grandpa and Grandma!
We miss them so much. I am always happy when you have pictures of them on your blog.