Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Happenings

The night before Valentine's I made a heart shaped pizza for dinner:

Martin was busy in the office (creating my card) and Emma was happy playing in the floor, so I made the heart shaped pizza. I overlapped 2 tubes of pizza dough and pressed them together and then used the pizza cutter to make the smooth edges of the heart. ( I pressed out the scraps of dough and made a 2nd one with all of the leftover bits & pcs.) I saved the pineapple tidbits for the top and spelled out "LUV U". But being yellow against the white cheese, you can't see it in this photo. (I did take a close up) Martin came out for dinner and started chuckling. He had no idea what I had been up to!

Sat. morning I made heart shaped pancakes. I have never made my own pancake batter (always use a store bought mix), but today I made a recipe found on Foodnetwork.com that had whole wheat flour & white, honey, buttermilk... I also tried making the egg in the heart shaped metal mold, but it wasn't worth the effort, as it distorted the heart when you flipped the egg over. (There is a piece of Friendship bread on the plate, as well. It has craisins, dried pineapple & pistachios)

We spent all day in Hobe Sound, as they were having a lot of yard sales. The Soundings was having their annual affair and I found a new baby gate for $5. Mom & I hit all the sales and ended with FEA's half price sale. I walked away from the thrift store with 2 bags of kid/baby toys, adult & baby books, etc... and paid $1.65! Gotta love it! Then, we had a birthday party to attend. Amanda Cook turned 21 on the 14th and Gene & Melissa threw her a big party. Melissa always outdoes herself! Just look at the dessert table!! Plus all of the other yummy foods.


Here are our cards: I made the more bluish looking one that says "love". Martin made the "I Love You" card. This is his first attempt at card making and he did a super job! He co-ordinated his ribbon, paper, cardstock, ink, dimensional heart... He used about every scrapbooking technique that he has heard me talk about! He used ribbon, tore paper and inked the edges, used dimension, used the Cricut to cut out his "I Love You" title, and on the inside he "stitched" around a heart with a pen, used a brad in the center of a flower and in order to hide the ends of the brad and to hide the ends of his ribbon from the front of the card- he used another pc. of paper and attached it. I told him THIS is why he needs to scrapbook more! He said something like "I'm at the top of my game. Can't get any better. So, no need to try". :) He told me that he HAS been listening and absorbing when I talk about new scrapbook techniques or I watch a craft show. Well, it shows! He did a great job! Thank you, Martin!
I didn't post the picture of it, but Nana & Papaw sent Emma a cute card and she got a new book from Mommy & Daddy "I Love You All Of The Time". Very cute story!

No comments: