Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Morning Workout

This is what I walked in to find at 7:20 this morning:

Emma sitting up in the crib. All by herself-sitting up! I was so shocked! I went for the camera to grab a shot or two, of course. Emma was totally pleased with her self! Mommy was saying "Good girl" and clapping her hands and had tears in her eyes at the same time! My baby is growing up!!!

Then, she proceeded to reach up for the top rail and pull her self up to standing!! WOWZERS! 2 skills in one morning! Sitting up and pulling up. And this was all done while wearing her sleepsack! What a clever little girl!

This meant that Daddy had a job to do before her next naptime! That mattress had to be dropped down to its lowest setting. Can't have her pulling up and then toppling over the side! Daddy looks like he is in crib jail. :)
You can also see the completed toy box over on the left. I got her name painted finally, and Martin glued the dragonfly & her name on for me.
Now we are at naptime and she refuses to sleep! She is so into her ability to sit up, that she just wants to sit up and play! I tried laying her on her tummy, but she just rolls over and sits back up! They say that babies don't nap well for a few naps or even a few days when they learn a new skill, but we haven't really experienced that till today. We'll see how it goes...


No comments: