Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Bottle Holder Now!

WOW! First time to hold her bottle by herself for the entire time. She has occasionally helped me hold it, even for as much as 2 minutes, but never has she tried to hold it alone. If I tried to make her help me, she refused and always pulled her hands far away.

This morning, she was ecstatic when I walked into her nursery and she saw the milk! She was laughing and squealing and reaching. So, I handed it to her (still on the changing table with Daddy) and she got it into her mouth and started drinking. I went for the camera, expecting it to not last too long, but she ended up holding it by herself! She drank all but 1 ounce. Hmmm... another first for my baby girl!

P.S. She can also make a sign for "milk", as well. We have been showing her the sign for milk since she was 4 months old. This past week she made the sign herself when the bottle/milk was presented to her! She doesn't know to use that sign to ask for milk yet, but she associates the sign with the item. I guess it is time to teach her another sign or two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at her hair....it is growing! She is getting so big.