Monday, April 6, 2009

Wearing Mommy's Red Shoes

Mom had saved my red velvet shoes that I wore when I was 1 year old and I have had them waiting for my daughter "someday". Well, today was that "someday"! Emma is just shy of 10 months old, but if we had waited any longer to wear them, they would not have fit! This was the only dress that I had for her that the red shoes went with in any way. And you wouldn't typically pair a sundress with velvet shoes, but you do what ya' gotta do!

Her little gums are bothering her something fierce! Wish those new teeth would just come on out!

A close up of my red shoes. I believe that my Papaw Bowlin bought these for me. I also have a sailor dress worn at the same time "somewhere". I can not find it! It has to be in storage but so far no luck!

Mommy's sweet baby girl!


Halie was also there this weekend, and I tried to get a cousin picture. So far when we try this, one or the other of them cries!



Emma trying to walk in the slick bottomed red shoes and on Nana's wood floors. She thinks she can't stand up unless she holds onto both hands, but we are trying to show her that one hand also works well.




1 comment:

victoria said...

Emma looks really cute in red! And look at that hair.:)