Monday, January 19, 2009

Messy Bessy

We started using the "Sassy Teething Feeder" this past week. She liked mango in her mixed fruit, so I bought frozen mango to put in this thing. She had it everywhere! It has a mesh bag on the end, that allows you to put just about anything in it for them to taste/eat with out worrying about choking. She had mango juice all over the tray, the Bumbo seat, her hands are shiny with juice, her face and the bib was orange!!

Do you think she liked it?? The next day I tried banana, and she dropped it on the counter! Gave it to her again. On the floor this time. NOPE! She is not a fan of banana. (Unless it is mixed with other fruit, such as strawberries.)
I'm thinking that she is just about ready to move on to small bits of food that she can feed herself. She is grabbing at the spoon when fed and wants to grab at my food, if she is being held during a meal. Being a new mom, I just don't know these tidbits of info. Guess we'll have to find an answer somewhere!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheerios are mom's best friend. And we like those little veggie puffs in the baby food section. Jordan really like the sweet potato, banana, and apple ones. They didn't have them when Erica was a baby but I remember she loved those meat sticks. Needless to say my kids loved and still love to eat.

Unknown said...

Just toooooooooo cute when enlarged!
I was so amazed at how much hair she has!
You might try one cherrio at a time. Her initial instinct will be to gag, that's normal. Just a suggestion.
Love, Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Emme is not too excited about Cheerios, yet, but she loves her teether as well. I haven't found a food she seems to love but she does enjoy pears. I think it's fascinating that Emma loves her veggies. Emme has taken to spitting out food she doesn't want with a little "pptt" vibrating noise -especially the veggies! And yes, the meat sticks are great. We'll have to try those soon.