Monday, November 30, 2009

TODAY'S DEAL

This is a picture of today's haul from Publix and CVS. Mom & I went out after dinner and putting Emma to bed. I have shopped with Mom the past 3 weeks, as I show her how to effectively shop at Publix, rather than "THINK" you are saving at Walmart.


I had already done my weekly shopping at Publix, and then found a few more coupons for items that were on sale, so I got a Cover Girl eye liner (2.79) and 2 Excedrin (2.00 each). I had two $2.00 Excedrin Q's AND one of the boxes had a $1 peelie Q, as well and I had a store $2 Cover Girl Q and a $1 Cover Girl manufacturer Q. This means that they would have paid me $1.21 (minus tax)to take the items home. I told Mom that I needed a "filler" item because they do not like having to hand you money! Instead we just added my stuff in with hers and the 'overage' was taken off of her total.
Then, off to CVS where I did 2 transactions. The first included all of the Gillette products ( Fusion razor, 2 body wash, 2 deodorant and 2 caramels and an Almond Joy ( the candy was all "filler" items-well, the Almond Joy was a peace offering to my dear hubby because I was gone for 2 hours!!). I had $16 in Gillette coupons, plus a $5 off a $30 purchase, plus $4 in extra care bucks from last week and this transaction cost me just over $9. When you bought $25 of Gillette they gave you $10 in extra care bucks to use on another transaction. I rolled them over onto the next one.

Transaction 2 was the Febreeze and Swiffer items: Swiffer starter kit, swiffer cloths, Febreeze spray, Fabric refresher & another of those caramel "filler" items- for a total of 20.00. I had the $10 in ECB, another $5 CVS coupon and $5.50 in manufacturer coupons. I paid .84 cents for this transaction!!!! PLUS, I walked away with $9 in extra care bucks to use for next weeks purchases!! (Buy $15 in Swiffer/Febreeze and get $5 ECB)

Previously I have not had good luck with this kind of shopping at CVS and usually find better deals and items still in stock at Walgreens, but today was DA' BOMB!! I LOVE CVS!!!! I LOVE EXTRA CARE BUCKS!!

Now, just a side note for those of you who are interested in learning "The Drugstore Game", as they call it- you need to have the same amount of items as you have coupons/ECBs, so that the computer doesn't squawk at you. That is why you need an occasional "filler" item or two. Look for the clearance section ( I found .25 cents stickers there once)or the individually wrapped candies or even the 10-20 cent holiday pencils or gift bags ( if they have them), as these make low cost "filler" items.

Also, make sure you scan your CVS card each and every time you walk into the store, as it loads any "paperless coupons" AND will print out some type of paper Q. That is how I got one of my $5 CVS coupons. You can occasionally take a simple 3-4 question quiz online and then get a $5 off $25 or $30 purchase coupon, as well. This is how I got the other $5 Q. Answered 3 questions on Medicare and got a printable $5 coupon. GOOD DEAL!!!!

No comments: