Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nana & Papaw Come to Visit

The past several weeks Emma's Nana & Papaw have come to spend the evening and share a meal with us. This has been such a great thing for all of us! Nana & Papaw get some quality time with her, but best of all Emma gets alot of attention from them. We usually see them on Sundays, but after church Emma is hungry and having missed her AM nap, she is super ready for sleep! So, she eats and immediately goes to bed. She gets a few bits & pcs. of conversation w/ whoever happens to be there that day.

This first picture was from the first time. She was teething that day and I didn't realize it. So she was really fussy and not so keen on them being too close.


Although she did like playing down on the floor with Papaw. But...


The next week was so much better! Nana came dressed to play with her out at the pool, but it rained!! So, they adjusted and Nana played with her on the floor and Emma was soooo loving that! They had so much fun and Mommy got to fix dinner w/o her hanging on me! She even let Nana feed her!


The third week, was just super! It was Memorial Day and we went out to dinner first and Emma did very well. She just laughed and talked to them during dinner. Once we were home, we got some photos of all of us in our red clothes. These past 3 weeks of regular contact and more one-on-one attention from her Nana & Papaw have changed their relationship. She is much more at ease and happy to see them!! She's such a Mommy's girl right now that that is a huge accomplishment!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how long her hair is getting. She is such a beautiful baby. Joey always knows who's blog I'm looking at when I oooohhh and aahhhhhh. Can't help my self. I couldn't believe you hadn't blogged in a week. So not like you. I was checking 3-4 times a day, figuring you would cure my Emma itch. :) The funny face ones are going on my desktop as soon as I am done commenting.